A site-specific search will only search through a specified website. This allows University units to have visitors get search results only from their websites, rather than from the entire Missouri State system.
- Open the Column Page of the website where you would like to include a Site-Specific Search box.
The page opens and displays additional options.
- To add a Site-Specific Search to the page, click the Edit Column Contents dot.
A window opens displaying choices.
- Click the Create and Connect Page option.
A list of Content Class Groups appears.
- Under the Specialized Content category select Site-Specific Search. Enter a headline for the Search box.
- Click the Edit Search Settings Via Form dot.
The edit form appears.
- Enter text for the Search xxxx. This will appear next to the search box to let users know where they are searching.
- Enter the Full Web Address of the website to be searched. This folder and its subfolders will be searched when visitors use the search box.