Please contact the web help desk if you have additional questions or problems.
How do I get on Web Press?
- Complete details for utilizing Web Press can be found on the Request a Web Press Site page.
Will I be able to edit my site with SharePoint Designer 2007 or Dreamweaver and Web Press simultaneously?
- No. Users may only use both editing tools during their transition into Web Press. After the unit has begun using Web Press, users will be unable to use SharePoint Designer 2007 or Dreamweaver to edit their sites.
How do I change who has access to edit or author my site?
- To change access permissions, please complete the Add or Remove Users form or contact the web help desk at 417-836-5271 or email@example.com.
Will I be able to roll back or return to a previous version of my website?
- Yes. Web Press offers users the ability to version their site.
How is Web Press different from the staging system?
- Web Press is separate from the current staging server. Web Press offers many tools to help users easily build a website based on the Missouri State Web standards. The site within Web Press is protected so non-Web Press users are not able to access the content in Web Press until it's published to the live site.
Will people visiting my live site know I’m making changes in Web Press?
- No. Visitors viewing your live site will not notice if you are currently editing your site in Web Press. Web Press content does not become public until it’s published to your live website.
Is publishing to the live site instantaneous within Web Press?
- Publishing with Web Press is close to instantaneous. Publishing should occur within 90 seconds or less, but it has been known to take up to 2 minutes.
Has Web Press been tested for Mac compatibility?
- Yes. Web Press is fully compatible with Mac computers.
Will Web Press check my hyperlinks for me?
- No. However, if a user links to an existing page within Web Press and the existing page is deleted, then the user’s link to the site will also be deleted. Web Press can only check links that are linked to pages in Web Press and will not delete links to external sites.
How long is the timeout feature on Web Press?
- When a user has been idle for 20 minutes, the user will be timed out or logged out of Web Press.
Will forms work in Web Press?
- Yes. Web Press has a variety of templates for forms that enable users to easily create personalized forms that send results to a specified email address or database.
Can I have my own image directory for my website?
- Yes. Each department will have a separate image directory where they can upload any images of their choice. Web Press employs an image gallery view which allows the author to view the entire directory of images. The author may also search the image gallery.
Will database-connected forms work in Web Press?
Fields on my form disappeared. What happened?
- If a field description (title) contains quotation marks, the form will not display correctly.
Will I be able to integrate course content into Web Press?
- Unfortunately, users will not be able to integrate course content in their sites in Web Press. Faculty are encouraged to use Blackboard or standard course websites for their course content.
When I log into Web Press, all I see is select a project. What should I do?
- Visit the Select a Project page for instructions on how to select a project. These steps only need to be completed the first time you log in to Web Press.
My page is no longer formatted. What happened?
- When a page has been deleted from its place on the navigation bar, this action causes the page to no longer have a style sheet assigned to it. This can be corrected by creating a new link and reconnecting the unformatted page on the navigation bar.
Should I use "Connect Existing Page," "Reference Page," or "Assign URL"?
- Use Connect Existing Page when you are wanting to "pull" content in from another web page in a Web Press site and include it as part of your web page.
- Use Reference Page to point a link to another web page within Web Press.
- Use Assign URL to point a link to another web page outside of Web Press.
Can I do a mass upload of digital assets (Word docs, Excel, PDFs, images)?
- Yes. Digital assets must be sent to the web help desk (on CD or thumb drive) so that the images can be uploaded onto your site.
- Note: Images loaded in this fashion will not have the necessary captions for web use. It is highly recommended that users add captions to all images before displaying them on a website.
Why do strange characters sometimes appear on my site?
- Occasionally, pasting content from Microsoft Word or Internet Explorer will cause unwanted information (characters) to appear in your site's text. To minimize this occurrence, use the Paste From Word option when pasting content that originated in a Word document.
- If this does not prevent strange characters from appearing on your page, contact the web help desk at 417-836-5271 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional assistance.
How do I delete my web page from Web Press?
- To delete your web page from Web Press, read the instructions found on the How To Delete My Web Page from Web Press page.
- To permanently delete your web page, contact the web help desk at 417-836-5271 or email@example.com. Please include the page ID # in your request.