Use a blog feed to display recent blog posts on your site.
Blog Feed Block
Below is a sample of how the Blog Feed would render on your Web page. The feed scales to fill the column width.
Example Blog Feed Heading
- Use on landing pages as it assists with search engine optimization.
- Use category feeds to supplement specific page content.
- Use the condensed option when it supplements Web page content.
- Use the expanded option when it’s the primary content for a Web page.
- Only use when blog is current. Follow best practices for blogging.
Add a blog feed
- Use Web Press to navigate to the applicable page and click the red dot labeled Open Row where you'd like to place a Blog Feed.
Select the red dot labeled Edit column contents.
The Edit Link Element window appears.
Select Create and Connect Page.
The Content Class Groups (above) and the List of Content Classes (below) appear.
Choose the Feeds folder from the content class groups’ box.
The contents of the List of Content Classes change.
Select the Blog Feed Block option, wait for the Edit Headline window to load, and hit OK in the bottom right of the window.
Required settings for a blog feed
Select the red dot labeled Open Blog Feed Block.
Select the red dot labeled Edit content via form.
The Edit Elements via Form window opens.
Label your blog on your site by using the Heading displayed at top of feed box.
Attach your blog to the feed using the URL of the feed to display box by navigating to your blog in a browser and copying the URL of the page into this box.
- Select OK in the bottom right of the window.
The window closes and you are brought back to the main editing window.
Customizing a blog feed
You can further customize your blog feed by putting a number into The number of entries to be displayed field.
You can choose whether to Display excerpt for each news item by selecting yes or no in the dropdown field.
Note: This will elongate your blog feed considerably.