There are two options for adding a Calendar of Events to your webpage. The first option is to add a Master Calendar feed to your site which pulls information from the main Missouri State University calendar. The second option is to add a link to your site for a list of calendar events that is specific to your organization or department. Follow the instructions below to add a Calendar of Events to your website.
Add a Master Calendar feed to your site
Obtaining an iCal URL from Missouri State's Calendar
Before you start, you need to have a URL for your iCal Calendar feed. One way to do this is to use the advanced calendar search.
- When using the Advanced search, you can select either one or as many sponsors as you want. If you're creating a calendar for your University unit, you may want to select just your sponsor or any related ones during your search. For instance, if you just select the African American Studies Program as your sponsor, searching will all the other forms empty will return all future results for that program.
- An iCal link will be displayed to the right of the page. Clicking this link will display a window with a URL you can copy for use with the Master Calendar feed page.
- Right click the iCal link.
- Choose the option to copy the link's url for use with the Master Calendar feed page.
- Depending on your web browser, this option will vary (Firefox: "copy link location", Internet: "copy shortcut", Chrome: "copy link address").